Community Service Learning integrates meaningful community service with instruction and reflection to enrich the learning experience and teach civic responsibility.
Check out our video with our students discussing why they like to volunteer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x61VDrHpizw&feature=youtu.be or find the latest on our volunteer projects on our Facebook site.
Here are some of the recent projects included:
- Building houses for Habitat for Humanity families
- Designing and building a walking trail at a local city park
- Volunteering at Chimps Inc Chimpanzee Santuary
- Working with the elderly to document their life stories
- Volunteering at the local Special Olympics
- Facilitating a reading program at a local pre-school
- Volunteering at local organic farms
“Being held accountable was the most helpful because many of my behaviors had become such a habit. I didn’t notice the motives behind them. I got out of my negative head space. Enjoyed the Tae Kwon Do and working for Special Olympics.”