The playground on Oregon’s sunny side.
What do MSN, Forbes, Cosmopolitan, Men’s Health, USA Today, and the Washington Post all have in common? Bend, Oregon. They are among the dozens of publications which have written about Central Oregon and its many delights in the past couple of years. Bend, on the ‘sunny side of Oregon,’ may be known for cultural and culinary experiences. Its fame, however, is as an outdoor recreation destination.
Our location on a quiet ranch only 15 minutes from downtown Bend and 25 minutes from the Redmond Airport (RDM, direct flights listed below) make us ideally located to take advantage of everything the region has to offer. Group and individual recreation opportunities offer exercise, heath, and wellness to the girls in our program. Families and parents also take in their favorite outdoor activities while in town, between visits with their daughter and participation in family therapy.
The Recreation opportunities are endless, and include:
- Alpine and Nordic skiing, snowboarding, and sledding at Mt. Bachelor
- Snowmobiling, snowshoeing, and dog sled rides
- Golf on 30 courses (Pronghorn, #37 on Golf Digest’s Top 100 Public Courses, is only 15 minutes away from our campus via a quiet country road.)
- White water rafting and kayaking on the Deschutes River
- Still water canoeing, kayaking, and floating
- Stand up paddle boarding
- Fly fishing and lure fishing in lakes, streams, and rivers
- Rock Climbing at Smith Rocks and Bend Rock Gym
- Road and Mountain Biking, as well as downhill at Mt. Bachelor in the summer
- Hiking, backpacking, and camping
- Water skiing and wakeboarding, houseboats, Jetskis
- Spelunking in lave tube caves
- Juniper Aquatic and Fitness Center
- And much, much more
Beyond recreation, there are events on any given day of the year, including live music (many are free concerts in the park,) rodeos, festivals, street fairs, and farmers markets.
When visiting Bend, there are many good hotels. Two favorites with visiting parents and families are the Oxford, an upscale, one-of-a-kind hotel, and the Double Tree Bend, which offers contemporary comfort at a more moderate price. Both are in the charming Downtown Bend district and walking distance to award winning restaurants and shopping in locally owned boutiques. Either offer excellent service and warm Central Oregon hospitality.
Direct flights from Redmond Airport: (RMD)
- San Francisco
- Los Angeles
- Las Vegas
- Salt Lake City
- American Airlines
- Sun Country Airlines